Cnr Candlebark & Glenmore Pkwy
Glenmore Park NSW 2745
Ph: (02) 47331232
Welcome to Explore & Develop Glenmore Park.
We are purpose built, child care centre, which is privately owned and operated Long Day Care Service.
- open at 7.00am and close at 6.00pm, Monday to Friday (Closed Public Holidays)
- provide care for 6 weeks - 6 years, offering a structured program for every age group
- operate 50 weeks of the year closing for approximately 2 weeks during the Christmas Break when fees are not payable
Our educators work closely with parents ensuring continuity between home and our service.
We ensure a close working relationship with the Department of Community Services and the National Childcare Accreditation Council so that we are able to provide a high level service to you where all safety and regulatory requirements are met and exceeded.
We have experienced and qualified educators for all of the age groups. Our educators regularly attend current training courses and training on the latest Early Childhood Education. All our educators and volunteers undergo a Working with Children Check.
Educators to Children Ratios
Bilby 0 to 2 years - 1 Educators to 4 children
Koala 2 to 3 years - 1 Educators to 8 children
Possum 3 to 5 years - 1 Educators to 10 children
Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and supper are all supplied and our nutritionally balanced menu is available for your review.
Thank you for considering Explore & Develop and please feel free to discuss any questions you may have with me.
Regards Elaine De Sylva
At Explore & Develop
- like the daisy, we cherish the innocence of children.
- ('Daisy'- meaning innocence) At Explore & Develop we protect the innocence of children by providing safe and protective environments.
- we treasure the time children take to grow. We believe that children develop at their own rate and in their own time. This is why we offer daily programs that reflect a calm, relaxed and unrushed environment for growing and learning.
- we help children reach their full potential by providing enriching, meaningful and ?real' opportunities for learning and development through emergent educational programs.
- we value individuality as part of our community. Our community consists of children, families and centre staff. We also value our role within the greater community in which we exist. ('Community'- Meaning; group with shared interests)
- we provide a haven for everyday discovery & learning. We believe that children learn as they explore, discover, make, create and imagine. We value constructive play as a tool for learning through our natural environments.
- we have an appetite for health and wellbeing. At Explore & Develop we provide programs and meals that support and reinforce healthy living and food choices. We also provide a safe and secure environment for all children, families and staff at our centre.
- we believe in caring for, guiding and nurturing children. We offer caring and nurturing environments to accommodate the needs of infants through to preschool aged children.
- we celebrate our differences through acceptance of diversity within our community. We value the insights and traditions that can be shared, respected and appreciated within our centre.
- we welcome and value each family and their contribution. At Explore & Develop we cater for the diverse needs of all our families. Imbedded in our culture is the notion that families are a part of our centre and are invited to make contributions to all aspects of its operation.
- we value the commitment and professionalism of our team. We recognise the experience and input of our staff in all aspects of the centre and appreciate their dedication as an integral part of the centre's successes.
- we care for our world and its future. We achieve this through everyday teaching about respect for our centre environment and the natural world.
- we believe in preparing children for a life beyond that of the home and the centre. As children prepare for their transition to school, Explore & Develop offers a specialised program to support their developing confidence, life skills and abilities.
At Explore & Develop we recognise that the attitudes, skills and knowledge developed in a child's early years provide a basis for that child's learning in later years. We believe that in order to develop their highest potential and set this solid foundation, we need to provide an environment that promotes positive attitudes to learning and extends your child in each area of their development.
At Explore & Develop, we believe that children's learning occurs spontaneously on a daily basis and that these spontaneous emerging interests need to be individually extended. Our curriculum/program focuses on respecting these individual interests, uniqueness and developing your child across all areas including their personal and social development, creative and imaginative abilities, language and literacy skills, cognitive and problem solving skills, physical development and coordination.
Our environment is designed to support and facilitate children's learning and development towards many goals across all areas of development; these areas include cognitive, language, social, emotional and physical. We will transition your child through each rooms based on two key factors their overall stage of development and the year you intend to send them to school.
Remembering that Children develop at different rates and that children's stage is more important than his or her age.
In relation to School Readiness, Explore & Develop has a strong commitment to provide high quality care and education for young children and their families in preparation for their early years at school. To achieve this we base our program on a strong knowledge base and the current research of best early childhood practise.
Our objective is to provide a program that encourages children to become active learners through a play-based program that encourages thinking, investigating, exploring and problem solving in a social environment. We are guided by both the Department of Community Services (DOCS) NSW Curriculum Framework and the Emergent Curriculum, which embrace the key learning areas as set out by the NSW Department of Education.
These key areas are:
? Language & Literate Child (English)
? Thinking & Problem Solving Child (Mathematics, Science & Technology)
? Physical Child (Personal Development, Health and Physical Education)
? Social /Emotional Child (Human Society and its Environment)
? Creative Child (Creative and Practical Arts)
Throughout your child's enrolment these key areas are our focus to work towards preparing your child for a successful transition to school.
What you will need to provide:
- A set of cot sheets (1 fitted, 1 flat and a light cotton blanket in winter) are required by you for your child's daily rest time (toddlers and preschoolers only).
- Children are required to wear hats all year round and no thongs are permitted.
- A drink bottle of water, clearly labelled for all children. Bottles of formula must be supplied by parents if applicable.
- Nappies are to be supplied by parents.
Child Care Benefit is offered to all families.
The daily fee for Bilby's is $74, for Koala's is $71 per day and Possum is $69 a day.
When leaving the Centre TWO weeks notice is required (notice not accepted in the month of December).
On commencement of your child's attendance we require a two week bond which can be applied for your final two weeks of attendance.
Security Key for Entry $25-00 which is refundable at end of care.
All fees are payable during absences. This includes illness, public holidays, school or private holidays. You will however receive your Allowable Absence reduction as normally offered by the Family
Fees are payable by a Direct Debit system only and are payable Friday weekly
Please use the link below to open our enrolment form.
Cnr Candlebark & Glenmore Pkwy
Glenmore Park NSW 2745
Ph: (02) 47331232
Please feel free to contact us on the number above or fill in your details below and we will contact you as soon as possible.